Download the offerRegional-Sales-Manager1.pdf
Regional Sales Manager
Yamabiko Europe is a Belgian company and is a member of Yamabiko. Based in Japan, Yamabiko is a global company with major markets in Japan and the Americas and a growing business presence in Europe, Asia, and other countries. Yamabiko manufactures and sells Outdoor Power Equipment, Agricultural machinery and Industrial machinery. Yamabiko is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. More information can be found at www.yamabiko-corp.co.jp/english/.
Yamabiko Europe (YE) has two business activities:
- Robotic mowers and golf ball pickers: YE is the world leader in commercial-scale automatic lawn mowers for large areas: we design, manufacture and sell robot mowers for turf areas up to 15 hectares and automatic ball pickers that collect golf balls on practices.
Belrobotics and ECHO Robotics robots are currently used across Europe to maintain sports facilities (football, rugby, golf courses), industrial areas, private gardens and large open spaces. More information can be found at www.belrobotics.com and www.echorobotics.com. As a full-fledged Yamabiko Group company, we are intensifying our reach in Europe, and starting distributing our products and applications in North America, Japan and selected countries in the rest of the world.
- Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE) and related products: YE is the full-pledged distributor of ECHO and SHINDAIWA products across Europe and Africa, taking responsibility for sales and profits. OPE products include chain saws for limbing, felling, and pruning trees: trimmers and brushcutters for grass cutting, mowing and clearing, and power blowers for blowing, collecting, and shredding leaves and debris. The product catalog offered by YE is being broadened up to include sprayers, spreaders, cut-off saws, small to mid-size gasoline and diesel power generators,
In order to grow further, address new markets and better serve his customers, YE is looking for a Regional Sales Manager.
After acquiring a solid understanding of our existing and planned OPE and robotic products and applications, you will be responsible for the management of distributorship contracts with our distributors in Europe, including – not exhaustive list:
- Considering the market situation in each country and the profile and assets of our distributors, setting-up the appropriate business plan for the next three years. This business plan will identify and define:
- Sales objectives (sell-in and sell-through) by product categories and by distribution
- Marketing and sales-related activities, animation program to be carried out by the distributor
- Marketing, sales, and technical training of distributors staffs towards excellence in selling OPE and commercial robotic mowers
- Budget and schedule of financial support from YE in this plan.
- Presenting such plan and budgets to YE Sales & Marketing Management, and reporting monthly on progress;
- Initiating and leading marketing initiatives to inform end-users of our applications, recent successes, experts’ opinion about our solutions, and related marketing material usable by our distributors.
- Tightly controlling execution of the agreed plan, and if and when needed, adjusting corresponding action plan to reach objectives set. This includes monitoring monthly sales-in, sales-through, stock level, etc.
- Briefing, escorting, coaching sales force staff of distributors if and when needed to improve sales effectiveness and efficiency across the whole distribution chain.
- Organising most appropriate strategies to promote products and services through distribution channels (distributor > dealers or landscapers or major accounts > end users – professionals and home owners) such as Open Door events, Road Shows, Trade Shows, Demos in schools, etc.
- Developing promising channels – such as large landscapers/green care companies –, even with our own resources if the distributor is not able to do.
- And in general, undertaking required actions to reach selling-in objectives.
- Participating in YE review and management meetings to report on progress made, to suggest new business opportunities, to provide technical feedback and innovative ideas to the development team, to suggest functional and quality product enhancements, and in general, to improve our business practices.
You will be assigned territories in Europe
You have a European Master degree in Economy, Management or Engineering.
You have a thorough experience in distribution of durable products or investment goods through one- and two-tier distribution structures, including prospection and referencing to major accounts and end-users, gained along at least 5 years of intensive experience in a Sales Executive, Supervision or Management role.
Your profile meets following requirements:
- You are driven by results.
- You have excellent operational capabilities in Sales & Marketing of consumer durable goods and commercial products and applications. You have genuine interest for mechanics and/or advanced technology equipment.
- You are autonomous, “hands on”, able to work on your own with minimum support from your management.
- You are able to travel extensively, mostly across Europe, at least for the first 3 years of your career at YE.
- You are fluent in English. Basic knowledge of German is a requirement. Other languages are additional assets.
- You have a pragmatic approach and you are solution oriented. You are strong in devising the appropriate method to find effective solutions for sales issues. You have a healthy dose of persuasion. You can inform and provide feedback in a clear way.
You will work at YE, which is located in Wavre, 25 km south east of Brussels in a truly international environment. This position requires weekly travels where your presence is required to execute your work plan. This position also requires occasional travel to Japan and the USA with stays up to 1 week for distributors visits and project meetings.
- An open and nice working atmosphere with colleagues working at a high level of expertise, striving altogether to achieve ambitious objectives.
- A permanent employment contract with a competitive salary package and fringe benefits.
- A true career evolution in Yamabiko Group, which sees major opportunities in the deployment of OPE-related activities in Europe, and fast and diversified growth in robotic markets and applications. This goes along the building of a strong, truly international management team.
If you are interested in this challenging job opportunity we ask you to send your application to Sylvie Gérard, Business Operations Assistant, at email@example.com