Robotics Application Engineer
Yamabiko Europe is a Belgian company and is a member of Yamabiko. Based in Japan, Yamabiko is a global company with major markets in Japan and the Americas and a growing business presence in Europe, Asia, and other countries. Yamabiko manufactures and sells Outdoor Power Equipment, Agricultural machinery and Industrial machinery. Yamabiko is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. More information can be found at www.yamabiko-corp.co.jp/english/.
Yamabiko Europe (YE) has two business activities:
- Robotic mowers and golf ball pickers: YE is the world leader in commercial-scale automatic lawn mowers for large areas: we design, manufacture and sell robot mowers for turf areas up to 30,000 m2 and automatic ball pickers that collect golf balls on practices.
Belrobotics and ECHO Robotics robots are currently used across Europe to maintain sports facilities (football, rugby, golf courses), private gardens and large open spaces. More information can be found at www.belrobotics.com and www.echorobotics.com. As a full-fledged Yamabiko Group company, we are intensifying our reach in Europe, and starting distributing our products and applications in North America, Japan and selected countries in the rest of the world.
- Outdoor Power Equipment (OPE): YE is the full-pledged distributor of ECHO and SHINDAIWA products across Europe, Africa and Middle East, taking responsibility for sales and profits. OPE products include chain saws for limbing, felling, and pruning trees: trimmers and brushcutters for grass cutting, mowing and clearing, and power blowers for blowing, collecting, and shredding leaves and debris.
In order to grow further, address new markets and better serve his customers, YE is looking for a Robotics Application Engineer.
After acquiring a solid understanding of our existing and planned robotic products and applications, you will be responsible for the definition, the development and the promotion of technical tools and methods to support customer service after commissioning and support sales with new projects.
- Perform first analysis and data collection on field issues. The Robotics Application Engineer must be able to adapt to the education level of field technicians and devise the most effective way to simplify their work and bring them necessary education.
- Develop and use application tools (software, test and debug modules, etc.) to monitor, analyze and optimize the performances of the fleet of the robots
- On-site support at key customer installations to ensure or improve performances and solve issues
- Participate in the training of dealers and customers to the products
- Provide technical feedback and innovative ideas to the development team to suggest functional and quality product enhancements
- Perform technical feasibility studies of future customer projects in order to recommend product and installation configuration
- Provide support to our sales team on calls and meetings with potential clients, including travel to customer sites for investigation and presentation of our solutions
- Support the copywriting of the technical documentation of our products (robots and tools user manuals, software release notes, parts catalogs, installation guides, technical bulletins, etc.)
You have a Master degree in Engineering, (SW, Electronics or Mechanics). Experience in Mechatronics (robotics, automotive, medical equipment or devices, railway, etc.) is an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in similar position
- Broad engineering system skills (mechanics, electrical, electronics, software, telecommunications, sensors…) to understand generic robotics system design, integration and validation aspects
- Strong data analysis skills using Excel, Script languages, Database tools.
- You are proficient in English and can work in French. Commands of German, Dutch or Japanese are assets
- You have good problem solving and analytical skills and you have clear insight into engineering processes, especially in system engineering and in software development processes.
- You can inform and provide feedback in a clear way.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to innovate
You will work at YE, which is located in Wavre, 25 km south east of Brussels in a truly international environment. This position requires occasional travel to EU, NA, Japan with stays up to 1 week for project meetings.
- An open and nice working atmosphere with colleagues working at a high level of expertise, striving altogether to achieve ambitious objectives.
- A permanent employment contract with a competitive salary package and fringe benefits.
- Career evolution in Yamabiko Group, which offers opportunities and challenges in fast growing robotic markets.
If you are interested in this challenging job opportunity we ask you to send your application to Sylvie Gérard, Business Operations Assistant at email@example.com